- People who hold the elevator doors open for others (despite it being a known fact that this makes the elevator go slower in our building) are always the people who are getting off on the first two levels. This also bugs me because there are 8 elevators for 17 floors in the building.
- Toothpaste is really handy if you feel a pimple coming on, especially if you aren’t at your place and have any of your products on hand. It works in two ways. Firstly as a mask to draw out impurities and secondly, it dries the skin out, but it can dry it out too much. This should be a last resort! It’s also best if the toothpaste is organic but for a one off, any is fine.
- Soap makes a brilliant anti-itch for mosquito bites if you don’t have ay stingoes etc. Rub the bar of soap on the spot but make sure it is dry, not wet.
- Eating Carbs alone when trying to lose weight is a bad idea. Your body stores a very little amount in your liver and the rest as fat. Your body will burn everything else before moving into your fat stores. Protein on the other hand requires more energy to burn, so by combining carbs and protein in a meal means that your body will use the energy from the carbs to digest the energy from the protein, which is stored in your muscles rather than in fat.
- No matter how hard I try, there will also be one spot on my body that gets sun burnt.
- Toe cleavage makes me think my shoes are higher than they actually are!
- My sister just got retrenched 😦
What have you learnt in the past week?