Lately I’ve been bombarded with talk of coconut oil and how good it is. I finally succumbed and bought some through my gym’s nutritionist but I’m yet to pick it up. I know it’s good for you but other than that, I’m not really sure what I’m meant to do with it.
So I looked on google and these are the things that I think I will love about it.
- Moisturizer: apply on your face and neck.
- Eye Cream: can reduce wrinkles, puffiness and bags
- Hair Conditioner/Deep Treatment: use as a leave in hair conditioner by applying a teaspoon of coconut oil to your ends and then running your fingers through your hair to distribute the rest! For a deeper treatment, rub in a tablespoon of coconut oil onto your dry scalp and gently work through to the ends. Put a shower cap on to prevent transfer onto bed linens and leave on overnight.
- Make up remover: use a cotton swab and a dab of coconut oil.
- Healing: when applied on scrapes and cuts, coconut oil forms a thin, chemical layer which protects the wound from outside dust, bacteria and virus. Coconut oil speeds up the healing process of bruises by repairing damaged tissues.
- Skin problems: coconut oil relieves skin problems such as psoriasis, dermatitis, and eczema.
- Lubricant: however it is not compatible with latex.
From everything I’ve read, coconut oil seems to be a brilliant treatment for bad skin, especially for acne. I”m looking forward to getting my bottles. My skin has gotta really bad lately due to a number of stresses so I’m hoping this will do wonders. I definitely do not want to have to use proactive again as I really hate not using natural products on my face.