Tonight’s Tatt’s draw is up to 70 million. Yup, that’s right 70 MILLION! So I have a couple of games in it, I mean you’ve gotta be in it to win it right??
At work we’ve gone in a draw together, immediately spawning conversations of what we would all do if we won. There was the typical: go on holidays, donate to charity, buy an Aston Martin, quit work, start our own business, all the normal outrageous things you would expect.
Somehow we then got on to the conversation of what we would do if we were stranded on a desert island (I originally wrote dessert island just then and how amazing would that be? Maybe I’d buy one of those!) and what we’d take if we could take 5 things with us. It was all very Survivor-ish in that you could only take what you could carry (I’m actually not sure if that’s how Survivor works as I’ve never watched it but it doesn’t matter). Food and water were excluded.
Here were my top 5 beauty supplies:
1. Invisible Zinc. I’m sure I don’t have to explain why but protection from the sun is so important. Even on days where the UV rating is not very high, it’s imperative that you protect your skin. Using sunscreen or zinc can also stop you from aging prematurely due to sun damage and losing pigmentation.
2. Oralife Peppermint Lip Treatment. Peppermint flavoured ointment for the treatment and prevention of dry lips. Things like sun exposure and wind chill can have a dramatic effect on your lips. Unfortunately for us, saliva just dries them out even more so it’s important to have a product that is specifically designed to help dry and chapped lips.
3. Sukin’s Rosehip Oil. Obviously being out in the sun all day would play havoc with your skin and you’d need a product to help that. Rosehip oil can be used as a moisturiser during the day or serum at night time, or can be mixed in with night cream if you prefer. It will provide much needed hydration as well as oils to protect your skin.
4. Revlon Clear Nail Polish. I have this thing where I can’t not wear nail polish. The second I take nail polish off I get all panicky and I just hate the feel of not having any on. So i’d need to take some along with me just so I don’t go insane.
5. Faulding Calamine Lotion. I imagine being stuck on a desert island I’d get bitten quite alot. Not only is Calamine Lotion good for bites and general itchiness, it also helps with breakouts by drying them out and reducing the size of them the next day.
Although I love love love it, I didn’t include coconut oil as I figured desert island, plenty of coconut trees, I could make that shit!
What would your top 5 products be?