I heard about these lip crayons awhile back and had searched high and low in Pricelines and Targets for them and finally I found them at the amazing Priceline in Bourke Street Mall (seriously, if you’re in Melbourne, check it out. Amazeballs!)
So I purchased them, mostly because I had tried the Revlon Lip Butters previously (check it here) and wasn’t super happy with them. The Face of Australia Lip Crayons are quite similar in that they are a sheer colour but that’s about where the similarities ended for me.
Here are the three colours, Cupcake which is a glossy, girly pink which reminds me of fairy floss, Sundae which is a gorgeous warm brown and Macaroon has a hint of a cherry glaze.
My favourite is the Sundae (it’s actually a little more brown than the photo above. I have a feeling I didn’t wipe the Macaroon off properly), mostly because I think it suits me much better than the others. Cupcake is a little bit too pink for me and I really do like Macaroon but it’s not a colour I would wear often.
Here’s what I like about them:
- That they are CRAYONS!!
- The colour is quite bright.
- Very easy to apply, you do not need a mirror!
- Packaging is fun, they really do look like giant crayons.
- The colours are nice.
- Colour lasts for about 2 hours and the initial glossiness wears off to a nice shine.
- They are $14.95 for the 3. Win!
Here’s what I don’t like about them:
- It’s difficult to get a precise application, obviously due to the “point” of the crayon.
- The lid comes off the crayons quite easily so you can’t just chuck them in your bag. My Macaroon one is now ruined from being in my bag and getting squished (is it expensive to get a bag cleaned???).
- Can make your lips feel dry if applied with no chapstick/balm underneath it.
Personally, I love them.
I really do prefer them to the Revlon Lip Butters especially as one Revlon Lip Butter sells for $21.95 and Face of Australia Lip Crayons are 3 for $14.95. I will say the only way that Revlon kills Face of Australia is that they have so many more colours to choose from, although it would be great for Face of Australia to come out with more variety in their colours. Hopefully if these babies sell well we’ll see more!!! I’d love to see a plum or bright red crayon!
What colour would you like to see a Lip Crayon in??